Aug 23, 2010

Fare-The-Well, My Bright Star

Boston. Who moves there? And more importantly, now that you're gone, who is gonna barge into my room and nag at me to gettoutta bed in the morning? Who’s gonna sit with me on the back porch surveyin’ the river community? Who’s gonna chill my coldies and speculate when our landlord will pull my “recycling” outta the bin to spit shine it and call me wasteful?
Who's going to run a marathon and make me clap a lot on a sunday?

Best thing is, I know I won’t miss the best stuff about you: the bold, truthful, hilarious commentary on any given dumb ass decision I make, or, having you around to say I did the right thing. 

I know that the ways you changed my life have only begun. It is no mistake that you are where the sun decides to rise again.

7 comments:

  1. I want to print a copy of the top picture, frame it, hang it next to something I look at every day and thank my lucky stars I know this face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and me both.....i am immensely grateful...thank you stephie. i owe it to you. who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our golden angel has flown away. I think she will still keep some strings attached just in case someone needs her. She is a wonder woman like that. She is a wonderful human, and Miriam had the pleasure of seeing that face everyday.
    Big sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss her too, and I only met her once. And I miss you missing her. A treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you, miriam. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What have I gotten myself into? I love you Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny.....you can't yourself into anything I can't get you out of. Whatever balls you're holding in your hand right now, Pitch em. I'll take my best crack or I'll just come and get you. I'll always be here, or closer.

    ReplyDelete