Jul 30, 2009

You don't have to be from the south....


Here's Grandpa Doan at his happy hour spot in the driveway opening a can of Natural Light with his car key. He lives in Olney, Illinois; home of the albino squirrels. Also home to my cousins Jesse, Jessy, Jessi and Jeremy. While my grandmother was still alive, Gramp taught me how to break on the CB radio and gave me the handle Yum Yum. He still makes his own wine with frozen Welches grape juice in a can. I don't drink it, but I like seeing the glass jugs lined up with balloons swelled up around the lips, almost ready. If we go out at night after a few, he says "keep it between the ditches," and we try.





2 comments:

  1. thank you pretty girl. i noticed you like sad old music. have you listened to mickey newbury? i think you'd like him. dixie land heartbreakers.

    ReplyDelete